Plan, source and execute an appealing product assortment (style, quantity and quality), of distinctive value, at the best price, aligned to the Company’s strategic objectives, which delights our customers in order to maximize sales and net profit. Effectively manage product life cycle in order to ensure that the right product is available in stores at the right time.
- Analyse customer buying trends in the current season as well as in the previous season, in order to maximize sales in the current season and to apply learnings of previous seasons into the up coming seasonal strategy.
- Trend & Competitor Research:
- Conduct trend and competitor analysis both locally and internationally in order to monitor market changes, competitor pricing, products and trends, to ensure that we delight our customers with wanted on trend product at the right price.
- Seasonal Strategy:
- Create a seasonal strategy in collaboration with planning team, in order to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan and marketing focus for the season so as to achieve the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Assortment Building:
- Prepare and present for approval a well -considered product assortment according to the approved seasonal strategy which will delight our customers with wanted product at the right value.
- Execution of Product Assortment:
- Book and execute the approved product assortment in line with the approved budget and quality standards, either with resourcing, agent/s or independently and track the critical path in order to ensure that product is delivered in store at the right time so that sales targets can be achieved.
- Build strategic supplier relationships and identify new partnership and territories for long term sustainability. Procure merchandise at the optimal total cost of ownership without compromising on quality and timelines and manage the critical path in order to ensure the timely delivery of quality products to our stores.
- Matric certificates
- Management experience (advantageous).
- Sales & service management.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Communication skills
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of Sport Apparel.
- Garment Construction.
- Quality Standards.
- Mathematics skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Commercial acumen.
How To Apply?
Click Apply Now
The People’s Value Champion | Cash-Based | Omni-Channel | Fashion-Value Retailer
The Mr Price Group retails in more than 1500 stores in sub-Saharan Africa and parts of Africa through our 8 trading divisions Mr Price, Mr Price Home, Mr Price Sport, Mr Price Money, MILADYS, sheet street, Power Fashion and Yuppiechef.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
Please note: All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at the time of application or if necessary undertake, to receive a second vaccination in accordance with Company policy, before permanent.
we’re looking for movers and shakers
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our people are our success, and that’s why we love people with a point of view. We hire for attitude and train for skill – so, what does that mean for you? It means that if you’re passionate and you have a great attitude, then you’re one step closer to joining our family.
We’re a company made up of free-thinkers, doers, makers, creators, crafters, art lovers, tech heads, planners, disruptors, wordsmiths, number crunchers, pun enthusiasts, engineers, left and right-brainers, award winners … you get the picture. We take our work seriously. But ourselves? Not so much.